about 1 year ago
Cluster Reservation Manager
* London Gatwick
* £28,000 + competitive benefits My Arora Benefits
Sofitel London Gatwick is an award-winning airport hotel that combines comfort with a convenient location next to the UK’s second largest airport.
New opportunity not to be missed! We have an exciting opportunity for a Cluster Reservations Manager to join the growing team.
Do you want to be a part of a great company?
When it comes to customer service, creating a truly welcoming environment and combining this with superb facilities for our guests whether travelling on business or leisure, Arora Hotels really do stand out from the crowd.
The Cluster Reservations Manager will be to manage the inventory of rooms for two hotels (total of 950 bedrooms), ensuring that the inventory is allocated and restricted properly in order to maximize total hotel revenues and profits. You will also ensure that all rates, packages, and hotel sales strategy information is built in the hotel’s inventory systems. You will also be responsible for the day to day strategic management of the Reservations Office.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Cluster Reservations Manager
* To Motivate and drive the reservations team ensuring a professional and team orientated working environment
* To ensure that the Sofitel Reservations call standards are maintained.
* To ensure that budget is achieved by maximising on room sales through managing the rate levels and occupancy strategy in liaison with the Revenue Manager
* To ensure the department is adequately staffed at all times and motivated to deliver high levels of guest service.
* To liaise on a regular basis with the M&E Manager to ensure that all clients needs are communicated.
* To monitor the average rate and the total rooms revenue of the hotel and ensure all staff are aware of these targets.
* To ensure all Reservations standards are met.
* To set and communicate the minimum daily walk-in rate as appropriate.
* With the Departmental Trainer ensure all training is recorded and evaluated.
* To demonstrate a management style which promotes effective development and use of team members through regular reviews and coaching.
* To coach, counsel, motivate and develop team members on a regular basis.
* To adhere to all company/hotel policies and procedures that come into place to comply with employment legislation.
* Provides technical support to Reservations and Front Office on upselling and negotiating techniques.
* To ensure all staff are aware of new rates / conference accounts / allocation and liaise with Sales reference their progress.
* To monitor the revenue recovered from no-shows and late cancellations.
* To participate in the preparation of the annual budget and revenue plan.
* To participate in the weekly Sales Meetings.
* To attend where appropriate other internal and external meetings.
* To report on a regular and consistent basis with regards to reservation information and emphasise risks and opportunity.
* Ensure all relevant information from meetings and correspondence is reported to the members of the Reservations Team.
* To source and report information on client companies and new companies to the Sales department.
* To utilise the Competitor Intelligence report to monitor the hotel’s RevPAR penetration and build awareness within the Reservations Department
Skills & Experience required by the Cluster Reservations Manager
* Previous hotel experience in similar or cluster role
* Experience with Opera & Delphi
* Ability to work in a highly organized manner
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Delivers presentations in a concise and well organised manner in person or via telephone
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become our Cluster Reservations Manager, please click apply now. We’d love to hear from you!