about 1 year ago
At the heart of Edwardian Hotels London is a simple founding belief, that from back of house to the boardroom we are all Hosts. Everyone is encouraged to express their individuality and initiative, and to bring their passion to work. (We may wear uniforms, but we don’t believe in uniformity.)
Everything we do is driven by a desire to exceed our guests’, clients and partners expectations. To surprise and delight. To make the time our guests choose to spend with us genuinely exceptional. So that even the shortest stay with us, will last long in their memory. Everyone who works here does this every day across our portfolio of brands, in highly prestigious locations in London and beyond.
For 40 years Edwardian Hotels London has built upon this ambition, and as a family owned company we’re proud of the freedom our independence gives us to grow our business on a relentless and memorable curve – upwards.
With an enviable collection of luxurious distinctive hotels and restaurants such as The May Fair Hotel, Radisson Blu Edwardian London Hotels, Steak and Lobster, Scoff and Banter, May Fair Kitchen, Annayu and May Fair Bar; in the most desirable locations of the UK's most vibrant cities, EHL's vision is unique: To Be Memory Makers.
Being a Memory Maker as a Cluster Night Manager
In this role, you will become part of the Edwardian family and work within Front of House in Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street
* Conducts training with existing night teams to ensure tasks outlined are completed to the required standards.
* Trained to run night audit in hotels to cover night manager holidays
* Communicates bi weekly with FOH Mercer Street progress on tasks and training requirements
* Performs regular security checks, and takes action as appropriate.
* Maintains consistent lobby presence.Leads by example, and motivates employees to make people feel special.
* Provides employees with the tools necessary to perform job responsibilities.
* Handles all aspects of guest arrivals, check-in and departure, and maintains upkeep and appearance of hotel lobby and entrance.
* Performs and trains employees in preparation of future daily arrivals made yesterday including daily profile accuracy.
* Performs and trains employees in MDM Guest plus arrival preparation for following day
* Performs and train employee on how to respond to incoming bookings via extranet Booking.com and Expedai
* Makes reservations, when necessary, in accordance with hotels yield management practices.
* Maximises nightly occupancy and ensures rate availability.
* Seeks opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking feedback and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services.
* Ensures all employees adhere to company health, hygiene, safety and emergency procedures.
* Ensures employees are allocated break times conducive to the business.
* Trains, coaches, and recognises staff.
* Provides employees with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities.
* Communicate performance expectations and provide employees with ongoing feedback.
* Provide employees with coaching and counselling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential.
* Maintains and displays in-depth local knowledge, in order to WOW the guest, promote sales and ensure that all employees are provided with the necessary information to perform their job effectively.
* Uses teamwork to support guests and employees.
* Ensures company accounting procedures and security standards are adhered to in lobby operations.
* Trains and monitors all staff in handling of cash payments, and floats.
* Performs all other duties as required in the Service Operations Team.
* Maintains awareness of hotel business in all areas of the lobby and assist on the desk and other departments where necessary. This may include service in the hotel food and beverage outlets.
* Coaching: Develop and guide others in professional growth and performance enhancement through assuring clarity of goals, employing reflective listening skills, and facilitating the generation of options and action planning.
* Delegation: Assign tasks using such techniques as needs analysis, individual skills assessment, objective setting, and communication
* Understands how to use IT applications: Opera, Micros, Ramco, EHL Apps.
* Local area knowledge .
* Food and beverage product knowledge.
* Good command of the English language both written and verbal.
* Confident ability to communicate and establish rapport.
* Decision-making: by clarifying goals, sharing perspectives, identifying options and created a way forward.
* Performance Management/Supervisory: Ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate employees to sustain high performance and quality levels.
We Believe In Developing and Delighting Our Hosts So You Will Receive:
* Competitive Salary
* Complimentary 2 night stay in a luxury Edwardian Hotel of your choice (after two years service)
* Preferential accommodation rates for all Edwardian Hotels for Hosts, friends and family
* Discounts on food and beverage up to 30% in all Edwardian restaurants and bars
* Discounts on Spas and beauty treatments
* Hot meals and salad bar, teas, coffees and juices provided each day
* Uniforms provided per role requirement
All Hosts must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom. Verification of documentation will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.