about 1 month ago
Join us as Cluster Finance Business Partner
voco St David’s Cardiff & voco Reading are looking for a Cluster Finance Business Partner to join us.
At voco, our brand is about being Reliably Different, and properties are paramount to this with voco St David’s Cardiff being set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. Whereas voco Reading Hotel. Adjacent to Reading Madejski Stadium, located just minutes off the M4, is a modern hotel with thoughtful touches and distinctive design.
We are looking for a Cluster Finance Business Partner to lead of hotel finance teams, reporting to the Finance Business Partner for UK&I, and working in conjunction with the Regional Finance Business Partner and Cluster General Manager, the Cluster Finance Business Partner has responsibility for the financial management of the properties and for delivering on the Hotels financial strategy.
* Cluster Finance Business Partners use financial analysis, data trends and market information to anticipate needs, identifies operating/financial issues, and recommends actions to maximize financial return.
* Creates the annual operating budget for the property and provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify revenue opportunities, cost saving and productivity opportunities for department heads.
* Assist ongoing decision making of senior management by assessing risks and opportunities to improve key financial and winnings metrics targets.
* Prepare monthly position of actual results against budget, forecast and last year, analyzing results and recommend to Executive Committee measures required to meet budget. Hold at least monthly meetings with General Manager and Department Heads to discuss results and forecast, either in group forum or individual meetings.
* Analyses ROI for capital projects prior to committing funds and, upon completion, determines if anticipated results were achieved.
* Implements Payroll productivity controls working with Quinyx system
* Ensure Finance Team maintain ongoing relationships with BSC team to achieve daily & monthly accounting timelines as detailed in Accounting SOP's to ensure timely production of accounts.
* Working in liaison with BSC ensures sound controls and accounting standards are in place as per company Policy & Procedures. Being in accordance with statutory; corporate & CSA requirements, safeguarding owner’s returns.
* Assists external and Statutory Auditors as requested.
* Leads & Develops hotel team. Educating, evaluating and motivating teams to achieve hotels’ controls and commercial goals.
* Ensures analysis of departmental staff’s training needs is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs.
* Actively work at developing direct reports and identify high potentials.
* Maintain training records for all direct reports and ensure they do the same for their staff.
* Conduct probation and formal performance appraisals in line with company guidelines and team’s personal development.
What we need from you:
* Degree in Business / Finance, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
* Professional accounting or finance designation or certification preferred.
* 5 years+ in preferably a hotel accounting or audit with at least 3 years in as a Director of Finance role for a matrix hotel chain.
* Preferably having had direct relationships with a Head Office / Area / Offshore Accounting function.
* Demonstrated knowledge of finance, budgeting, and accounting processes and regulations.
* Demonstrated ability to assess and understand a variety of internal and external economic and financial issues which impact the business, to analyse data and forecast future business trends, and to develop effective financial plans based on businesses assessments.
* Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft, Opera/Micros; Procure Wizard; ADP or similar financial software for the purpose of financial reporting, analysis and presentation.
* Demonstrated ability to scope a project and develop a plan of action, ability to influence others, present convincing arguments and deal with conflicting viewpoints.
* Ability to challenge the status quo, and have courage to ‘do the right thing’
Benefits of Working as Cluster Finance Business Partner
* Competitive Salary, Plus Bonus and Great IHG Perks!
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days.
* Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
* Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Excellent employee recognition programmes
* Vast range of learning and development programmes
* Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
* Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
If you’re looking to work for a company that can offer you flexibility and a great work life balance, IHG is the company for you!
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Cluster Finance Business Partner, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.