30 days ago
A Chinese Sous Chef will work closely with the Executive Chef to manage all aspects of the kitchen specifically in relation to Chinese Cuisine, to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing food provisions, assisting with guest queries, and controlling costs.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
* Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
* Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
* Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
* Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
* Contribute to menu creation by responding and incorporating Guest feedback
* Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
* Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Executive Chef
* Ensure resources support the business needs through the effective management of working rotations
* Support brand standards through the training and assessment of the Team
* Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organized, motivated Team
* Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
* Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
* Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
* Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
* Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
A Sous Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
* Experience in a similar position in a star-class property
* Professional qualifications in hospitality management / culinary
* Excellent planning and organizing skills
* Strong leadership skills
* A creative approach to the production of food and passion for food quality
* Excellent communication skills in English
* Ability to work on own and in teams
* Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!