5 months ago
Looking to join a culture of excellence and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of Great places to work, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Interested in learning more or to hear it straight from our team, visit our website.
Why join the Hilton family as a Chief Engineer?
• It's your world– Your next role could be as an Area Manager, or why not move into a different department like Front Office, Accounts or Human Resources in over 100 different countries
• Personal Development programmes for Supervisors and Managers
• Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates and 50% F&B discounts
• Industry leading benefits including contributory pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover, and high street discounts
• 28 days holidays including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Complimentary meals on duty and uniforms provided
What will I be doing?
• Lead the Engineering Team in the day-to-day engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, including service standards, equipment schedules, and work schedules
• Communicate with Housekeeping to coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities for Guest rooms and public areas
• Develop systems and procedures to ensure the health and safety of Guests and Team Members, as well as the proper conditions for plants, machinery, and property
• Communicate with Government agencies to ensure full compliance with statutory regulations
• Prepare Capital and Repairs and Maintenance budgets for Engineering
• Perform daily checks around the hotel
• Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
• Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
• Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs
• Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses
• Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
• Identify and introduce environmentally-friendly systems and equipment
• Monitor Key Performance Indicators for the Engineering Department and take corrective action, as required, to improve equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity, and other objectives
• Manage all Team Member related activities, including recruitment, performance management, training, career planning, disciplinary matters, and team motivation
As a Chief Engineer you will work 5 days per week, including, but not always, weekends and bank holidays.
What are we looking for?
• Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering
• A degree in Engineering or similar
• Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
• Strong leadership skills and previous experience of managing a team
• Excellent grooming standards
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work on their own
• Previous experience of facilities management
• Proficient, at an advanced level, with computers and relevant computer programs
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• First Aid
• Qualification in Engineering field
To apply for this role
• We are looking to fill this job as soon as possible and aim to come back to you within the next 2 weeks. If you are successful, you will be invited for an interview followed by a trial shift.
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage
Chief Engineer - DoubleTree by Hilton Tower of London | London, Greater London Jobs | Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities JobsHOT04XT8_13920_en