7 months ago
Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and assist in the administration of the department in compliance with all corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates. Recommend and implement procedural changes. Monitor and control expenses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* Accomplish engineering human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates; communicating job expectations, job duties and job responsibilities; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Implement and schedule property and equipment preventive maintenance programs in compliance with
* Corporate / franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to ensure safety and satisfaction of all guests, managers and associates, to protect the assets and maintain the property in first class condition.
* Prioritize service requests; schedule and monitor the services performed to ensure customer safety and satisfaction. Coordinate with contractors regarding outside repairs and building maintenance.
* Extensive experience with installing and troubleshooting electrical switches, operating boilers, and repairing appliances. Test and examine the life safety systems to ensure they are always 100% operational to protect the asset, guests and associates. Monitor utility consumption to determine the effectiveness of current systems.
* Diagnose mechanical, equipment and building problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
* Recommends the departmental budget and capital expenditures & manages expenses within approved budget constraints. Review purchase requests and monitor expenses to ensure budgeted goals are met/ exceeded.
* Assist in the administration of the department to include but not limited to preparing and maintaining schedules, logs, records or other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities.
* Perform Manager-on-Duty functions and shifts as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: One to two years of post-high school education; one or two-year certificate program in building maintenance, technology or related field.
Experience: Minimum of five years of building maintenance experience in a leadership role or a related management position.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to perform critical analysis and manage a wide-range of information. Has natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear situations, issues and problems. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources. Require investigating and analyzing current activities and/or information in a specialized field involving available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations. Communicate information and hotel services to management, staff and guests.