about 1 year ago
Amba Hotels are designed to help guests get more from their stay, event or special occasion, in truly amazing city centre locations across the world. Our people are carefully handpicked for their desire to deliver incredible, personalised experiences, enabled by the best and fastest technology available. It's really important to us that our people - our Ambassadors - share in these values and are always looking for new and exciting ways to do and give more. As an Ambassador your role will involve much more than performing day-to-day tasks, it's about taking everything on with vigour and drive, showing that you're capable of stepping up when there's an opportunity to do so.
As Chief Engineer at the Amba Hotel Marble Arch, you will have the opportunity to come to work in a beautiful Art Deco, 4-start hotel, which is located on Oxford Street, one of the few hotels in this popular shopping district. As a crucial part of our team of Ambassadors you will have an opportunity to upkeep and maintain all areas of the hotel ensuring that the building plants and equipment are to the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls.
At Amba Hotels our Chief Engineers are trusted to provide advice and guidance on all technical and building matters as well as supporting health and safety and ensuring that all statutory requirements are met.
You will need the ability to lead a team and deliver results to deadlines through your people, with full responsibility for recruiting, managing and developing. You will finally need to establish and promote good internal relationships, ensuring that we treat our guests and colleagues with care and consideration.
What we look for
* Technical ability and knowledge
* Motivation to develop and keep knowledge up to date
* High standards and desire for continuous improvement
* Inspirational leadership ability
* Ability to control costs via a tightly controlled budget
* Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness within the context of their role
* Positive approach and high level of professionalism
* Excellent relationship building and communication ability
What's in it for you?
* Competitive starting salary and Holiday entitlement
* Discounted hotel rates for yourself and your family across glh. portfolio of hotels.
* A huge range of online benefits which allows you to claim discounts and cash back with thousands of different retailers and service providers
* The opportunity to work within an organisation committed to personal and career development
* Pension and Healthcare schemes
* Uniform (where applicable) and meals on duty