about 1 month ago
We know it can be a cliché to say that we always put our guest’s needs at the forefront of what we do – but in this case, you will know that it’s true. Because, YOU will be the one to make this vision a reality each and every day. Sometimes it’s as simple as perfecting a dish from our menu that Jessica orders on her second week working away from home, when home-comfort is exactly what she needs. Or creating a new, delicious, specials dish that makes Syed instantly sit back, relax and forget his journey through torrential rain to our hotel. Either way, you will be making a difference every day you work with us – how many jobs can say that?!
Is this role for me?
You’ll already be an established Chef de Partie or a commis Chef seeking their next challenge. Whilst it would be great if you had experience working in a hotel environment, this isn’t essential, what is important is your outstanding cooking skills gained within a fast-paced environment. You will be creative and have a passion for creating profitable and exciting specials. Most importantly, you will be flexible, adaptable, hardworking and FUN!
What you do:
As a Chef de Partie at Kew Green Hotels you will be responsible for:
• Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
• Managing and developing any commis chefs in your hotel
• Assisting your sous chef and head chef in developing new specials dishes and recreating menus
• Ensuring you and your team deliver high standards of food and meet health and safety regulations
• Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
Our commitment to you:
• Discounts across retail, restaurants, events etc. (because life isn’t just about work)
• Friends and family discounts in hotels across the Kew Green Hotels & Employee discount at other hotels within our brand family
• Free parking
• A free meal when on-shift (that outstanding service works up quite an appetite)
• Competitive holiday entitlement, rewards, development & recognition incentives
About Kew Green Hotels:
Our family tree has been growing since 2001, but we now have 55 hotels in our UK portfolio, offering careers across a range of international brands including IHG, Marriott, Accor and Hilton Hotels & Resorts. And if that isn’t enough, we additionally offer unique opportunities internationally. Despite our size, you can speak to any member of our management community and they will tell you that we still feel very much like a family who enjoys working together – over 89% of respondents in our recent employee survey told us they are satisfied working with us!
Food for thought? Here at Kew Green Hotels, our employees are at the centre of delivering outstanding experiences to our guests every day. We know that means finding the right personality is key – you’ll also be outstanding and have the ability to easily build relationships, alongside having a commercially-savvy mind set. It’s almost impossible to assess these things from a piece of paper, so we offer you the opportunity to SHOW us why you would be perfect for this role through video applications!