about 1 year ago
Our historical hotel has recently joined InterContinental Hotel & Resorts Brand, the first international luxury travel hotel brand in the world, as InterContinental Edinburgh The George. We are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens. Winner of Luxury Brand Hotel of the Year Edinburgh at the 2019 Scottish Hotel Awards.
Your day to day
You’ll assist in the running of the kitchen, contributing to the overall success of the restaurant to achieve the exceptional standards we work to at InterContinental Edinburgh The George. You’ll produce food to the highest standard, and be confident in all aspects of food preparation and service.
You’ll be keen and willing to learn from more experienced chefs as well as sharing your knowledge and best practice with junior members of the team. You’ll organise, set up and contribute to any aspect of the kitchen that ensures our diners experience outstanding dining.
What we need from you
Passion, drive, enthusiasm: that’s what we look for in our chefs.We want to hear from chefs who love creating amazing food from the best ingredients, feel restaurants are more of a fascination than just a job, and have a keen eye for detail, high standards but with bags of flair and creativity.
What we offer
Love food. Love your job. Create a career.
Chef for starters we offer a £750 Welcome Bonus*!!
Passion, drive, enthusiasm: that’s what we look for in our chefs.
Our Chef de Partie colleagues really are vital members of our kitchen brigades; that’s why we will offer you a fantastic £750 Welcome Bonus*!
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where you’ll continually learn and develop, and have the opportunity to join our Chef Development Programmes.
We know you love food: we want you to love your career just as much. We’ve already had great success with our bespoke in house Chef Academy, offering Level 2 & 3 qualifications that run up to Head Chef level.
Essentially in the role you will:
* Prepare, cook and present dishes within your speciality. • Support and mentor / train any Demi-Chef de Parties or Commis Chefs in the brigade • Help the Sous Chef and Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus. • Ensure you and your team have highest of standards of cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety.
We want to hear from inspired chefs who love creating amazing food from the best ingredients, feel restaurants are more of a fascination than just a job, have a keen eye for detail but with bags of flair and creativity.
*Subject to Tax and NI **Cannot be taken in conjunction with Welcome Bonus. Subject to Tax and NI.
* A competitive salary.
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes.
* Access to our Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring.
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels.
* Long service awards which increase with length of service.
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal.
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service.
* Free meals on duty.
* Great IHG Perks.