about 1 year ago
In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Pastry Chef de Partie to maintain standards and ensure smooth running of the kitchen in accordance with the Head Pastry Chef’s instruction. To maintain ongoing training with all chefs and ensure that the day to day work lists are completed. To comply with and maintain Food Hygiene and Safety standards, Health and Safety, COSHH, and the recording food temperatures.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
The Chef de Partie Pastry will be responsible for
* Assisting the Pastry Chef they will ensure a smooth service from preparation to plating.
* Running the section through service, and where appropriate guiding and coaching the more junior members of the team.
* Ensuring standards are met and maintained by all and demonstrating high levels of attention to detail and pride in the dishes that you produce.
* To complete Health and Safety and Food Safety training
* Understanding of and implementation of sound stock control and product costs.
* Good communication skills within the kitchen sections and with other hotel departments.
* To be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
* To help and assist Head Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives.
* Training and development of more junior members of the team
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Chef de Partie - Pastry will have;
* Proven experience from within a similar luxury hospitality environment
* A true passion for food and specifically for pastry items
* Have the enthusiasm and willingness to learn
* Good kitchen & knife skills
* Have a thorough understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen
* Possess a willingness to work to the high standards that are demanded from a luxury establishment
* Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
* Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment
* Experience of supervising and guiding others
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
* Competitive salary
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
* Complimentary car parking
* Perkz discount scheme
* Discounted room nights across all Exclusive properties
* Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
About the Company
Are we right for you?
We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
1. We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
2. We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
3. We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
4. You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.