about 1 month ago
De Vere Latimer Estate
Latimer Estate is full of history, and has a reputation for being a “secret home” of Britain when it was a top secret centre for military intelligence in World War II. But it’s no secret now that working at Latimer Estate means career opportunities, training and development as we offer a fantastic range of roles in our newly refurbished hotel. Working with a diverse range of clients and guests means we regularly have opportunities in departments such as conference, events & banqueting, bars & restaurants, reception, weddings, housekeeping, and grounds and maintenance to name a few.
Our team at Latimer Estate has a strong of mission and purpose, and we know how to say thank you to our colleagues for working hard: ice creams in hot weather, afternoon tea treats for teams and Easter family parties are just some of the ways we show our appreciation.
Chef de Partie
Assists in running the kitchen, contributing to the overall success of the restaurant, outlet and banquets, in accordance with the hotel’s standards and financial goals.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Organises and sets up the assigned sections of the Kitchens as efficiently as possible to increase speed and maximise productivity.
• Ensures that all dishes from that section are prepared consistently and according to standard recipes.
• Assists the Exec Chef and Senior Sous Chef in ensuring that all culinary standards in that section comply with company and Hotel Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Trains the kitchen porters in that section of kitchen in the skills necessary for them to perform their function.
• Works in any sections of kitchen when necessary or as requested by the Executive Chef or Senior Sous Chef
• Ensures the sanitation standards for kitchen are being met.
• Is familiar with all sections of the kitchen to facilitate the flexible use of colleagues.
• Ensures that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
• Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to the restaurant service delivery team.
• Ensures that set ticket times are met and communicates to management if not met.
• Stays focused and is conscious about food presentation and consistency.
• Practices proper food handling procedures.
• Practices proper knife handling skills.
• Properly wraps, labels, dates and stores all food items in their correct areas.
• Sets up, operates and cleans all kitchen machinery/equipment and stores it in its proper place.
• Maintains complete knowledge of correct maintenance and handling of equipment, using only as intended and only after proper training has been demonstrated.
• Keeps workstation clean at all times during service time.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, working early or late hours when necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
• It would be preferable for the Chef de Partie to have previous experience of working within a similar sized kitchen at this level.
• You will need excellent organisational skills alongside the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
• It is essential that you can follow instructions whilst using your own initiative to prioritise tasks in fast paced and potentially stressful environment.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.