Chef De Partie
Position: Chef De Partie
Business Unit: Leicester Marriott Hotel
Reports to: Senior Chef De Partie
This job description sets out the current duties of the job role that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the job role or the level of responsibility entailed.
To provide the highest possible guest service by producing high quality, innovative and creative food which meets all Marriott and Food Safety standards and exceeds the guest expectation.
Previous experience within the Kitchen in Chef De Partie or Demi Chef De Partie or similar style role and similar style of operation is essential.
Skills and Knowledge
Education or Certification
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1. Ensure that you have full product knowledge of all menu items and their service.
2. Supplying the highest possible levels of customer care and service whether in the public or in the Heart of the House
3. To assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in the organisation and controlling of all kitchen operations.
4. To assist the Head Chef/Sous Chef in controlling all goods going out of the kitchen and purchases coming in.
5. To be capable of taking charge of any section in the kitchen and running it competently.
6. To be responsible for training the commis chefs put on a particular section with them.
7. To assist The Head chef/Sous Chef in ideas for menu compilation when requested
8. To ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy at all times.
9. To be capable of preparing dishes with a minimum of wastage.
10. To communicate in an effective way with the Front Office, AYS and Food and Beverage department with regards to guest orders and special requests
11. To be able to answer clearly to any guests queries
12. To attend all Marriott training sessions including all legislative training or additional training provided by the hotel and departmental meetings as required.
13. To adhere to the Marriott uniform standards at all times.
14. To have a full and thorough knowledge of Marriott standards and departmental standard operating procedures and be able to demonstrate this by behaving in accordance with them.
15. To support other Kitchen function operations/sections during busy periods and during times of sicknesses, holidays and absences.
16. To respond and act upon any reasonable request by Senior Management.
Safety and Security
1. Report work related accidents or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
2. Attend to or report any defects or Health & Safety matters brought to your attention.
3. Ensure that all work is carried out in compliance with Health & Safety laws specifications both legislative and Marriott.
4. Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
5. Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe and secure environment.
6. Complete appropriately safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
7. Be familiar with and follow all hotel safety and accident prevention procedures.
8. Handle all emergencies according to established procedures