7 months ago
Overview of duties
• Helps provide smooth running services and a high standard of production by managing his/her section
• Works autonomously to produce dishes in compliance with cooking instructions
• Supervises the commis chefs' work
• Is responsible for the organisation, coordination and service for one area of the kitchen"
Professional techniques / Production
• Produces and presents the dishes for the section in line with the cooking instructions and processes defined by the hotel and brand
• Ensures that dishes are well presented, of a high standard and at the right temperature
• Delivers dishes in good time to suit guests' wishes
• Depending on the hotel, may be asked to receive deliveries, check and store merchandise
• Organises his/her work and timing to suit fluctuations in guest numbers, special events and particular guests"
• Leads the team under his/her responsibility and creates a good working atmosphere
• Organises and supervises the work carried out by commis chefs and apprentices in the area under his/her responsibility
• Informs the team about cost optimisation and the reduction of raw material wastage; tracks implementation
• Trains commis chefs, apprentices and interns to a high standard "
Management and administration
• Is actively involved in meeting the department's targets:
- by following the cooking instructions to the letter
- by avoiding waste and loss of food items
- by respecting the procedures and internal audits applicable in the hote
• Helps conduct inventories
• Helps manage stocks of equipment by avoiding breakages"
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations
• Respects the instructions and safety guidelines for the equipment used
• Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the ""Environment Charter"" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)"
Apply for Job