about 1 year ago
Start Your Journey With Us
St Pierre Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking, birthday gifts, and generous global hotel and product discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Ideally placed in Chepstow, South Wales close to the M48, St Pierre is a picturesque location with two fantastic golf courses where no two days are the same. With an exciting blend of guests and large events, our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and fine dining at our hotel's on-site Morgans Restaurant
Culinary associates at our Marriott Hotels & Country Clubs enjoy a varied and very active role in providing our guests with memorable and unique experiences. As part of our family of associates you will host a blend of guests & events including weddings, golf, sports teams, corporate guests & leisure visitors.
As a Chef de Partie, you will be required to;
· Work enthusiastically as a member of our busy kitchen team
· Inspect work areas and staff uniforms for defects
· Assist in coaching other staff
· Undertake training & development from senior chefs
· Prepare ingredients for cooking, including washing, peeling & chopping
· Maintain fridges and other food storage areas, monitoring and recording temperatures
· cook and plate food according to agreed recipes and standards of mise en place
· Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers in a safe manner & ensuring correctness of temperatures.
· Set-up and break down work station, washing and disinfecting kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.