3 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Apprentice chefs to join our established hotel group based in the New Forest. This role would ideally suit a person looking to progress a career as a chef. The hotels are as follows:
Forest Lodge Hotel – Lyndhurst
Beaulieu Hotel – Beaulieu
Moorhill House Hotel – Ringwood
Burley Manor – Ringwood
We are a group of 5 hotels and a pub ranging from 3 to 4 stars and 1 to 2 rosette restaurants all in a close proximity so we have the benefit of being able to suit the right candidate to the right venue.
You will benefit from working within a busy and vibrant team reporting directly to the Head Chef whilst undertaking well recognised apprenticeship training.
Made up of 70% on the job experience, 20% mentoring & coaching and just 10% classroom learning, Umbrella Training’s learning model gives apprentices the chance to work with experienced hospitality professionals, gain valuable work experience and study for a qualification whilst earning.
We are looking for energetic, ambitious and committed individuals who are eager to learn and make the most of this fantastic opportunity. After successfully navigating your way through your first year you will have the opportunity to complete a further 12-month advanced apprenticeship. There will also be the chance to advance within the collection as a Chef de Partie.
We’ll also provide a full set of knives, chef whites and shoes
No previous cooking experience is required.
Salary & hours:
* £5 per hour with a guaranteed pay rise upon completing the first year of your apprenticeship
* Typical working week will be 48 hours per week, split shifts, weekends and evenings are required
* 28 days holiday per year, plus a duvet day on your birthday
* Perk Box – access to the best perks from some of the UK’s biggest brands including discounts off your weekly shop.
* Cycle to work scheme – purchase yourself a new bike with generous discount and spread the cost
* Active Social Committee – Get involved in social events in and outside of work
* Excellent opportunities for training and development
* Pension scheme
* Healthcare benefits – discounted private healthcare
* Staff loyalty card – rewarding you with discounts up to 50% off our products and services
* Free staff parking
* Escape to the sun and receive a discounted rate at our sister resort in Cyprus
Due to the high volume of applicants that we receive we are not able to get back to every candidate. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to location own transport is essential