5 months ago
De Vere Wokefield Estate
A new chapter in De Vere Wokefield Estate’s history is complete! Situated in 250 acres of beautiful parkland near Reading, this huge property has undergone an extensive £10 million refurbishment to dramatically restore the hotel to its former glory.
The 376 bedrooms, event space and reception have been completely overhauled and as well as the re-launch of our modern executive centre, complete with a new Burr & Co. coffeehouse and deli. Our historical Mansion House featuring 87 guest rooms, now sits at the heart of the estate, having undergone a stunning transformation including the exciting launch our new Restaurant '1560' in May 2018.
What is the main purpose of the role?
This is a stunning venue in an exceptional setting and the role will involve establishing, maintaining and managing the gardens to the highest horticultural standards. You will be passionate about delivering the best experience for our visitors and guests and instrumental in the creation and restoration of our outdoor spaces. Here at De Vere, we are investing in our special places and you will be part of a small team in the pursuit of elegant and innovative gardens and green spaces as part of the larger estate.
Your main duties will include litter picking, emptying bins, weeding, and all associated garden tasks under the direction of the Head Gardener.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a post with a wide and varied range of outdoor duties. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently and as part of the wider hotel team, in the day to day maintenance and development of the gardens and grounds.
You should have RHS level 2 or equivalent with previous experience in a similar role, good plant knowledge and skilled at using and maintaining garden machinery. It would be beneficial if you also had an interest/experience in historic gardens.
You'll be positive and flexible with a can-do attitude, you'll also bring with you IT and reporting writing skills.
Successful candidates will also need a full UK driving licence.
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Please be aware we also have staff transport available from Reading Train Station to the hotel (£1 each way) which matches the required shift patterns for this role.