14 days ago
The job in a nutshell
* To complete quality carpet replacements and repairs within hotels, across the Travelodge estate, ensuring that the hotels are consistently well maintained to brand standards and in line with Health & Safety compliance.
* To remove and replace beds and mattresses from bedrooms and some small furniture items (eg, chairs, room artwork).
* To observe safe working practises and comply with all health & safety legislation.
* To develop strong working relationships with the hotel operations teams ensuring that the customer is the key focus.
* To report all completed jobs liaising with Hotel Managers and central office.
What you’ll be doing
* Ensuring that all areas worked in are left clean and tidy and fit to be cleaned by hotel team.
* Drive and maintain strong relationships with the hotel operations team in line with our values.
* To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, other relevant legislation and Travelodge policies and procedures and H&S responsibility for direct reports. Ensure that PPE is used as required.
* To ensure that all jobs allocated are consistently completed to a satisfactory finish in accordance with agreed standards and KPIs and completion communicated to central office.
* To be responsible for returning rooms to sale as quickly and efficiently as possible in a safe manner.
* To manage van storage of stock to agreed levels and ensure that you have parts available to complete jobs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
* Ongoing communication with central reporting any issues arising.
* Will be trained across other areas of the maintenance department and expected to assist where required which will include the delivery of beds, chairs and artwork.
What we’ll expect from you
To succeed in the role, you’ll be comfortable working at pace, under pressure and the ability to communicate with the maintenance and hotel teams, customers and suppliers is critical.
As well as this you’ll demonstrate the following key skills:
* Hold a full UK driving licence
* Flexibility to stay away during the working week
* Previous maintenance experience with some carpet/flooring fitting experience
* Enthusiastic approach to learning new skills.
* High levels of attention to detail.
* Drive and determination to continuously improve.
* High levels of customer insight and brand passion.
* Good communication skills, both internally and with suppliers and 3rd parties
* IT and systems literate.
* Good level of personal impact and confidence.
* Ability to carry out heavy lifting and physical work.
* Experience of working within a hotel environment would be advantageous.
* Previous experience of fitting carpets in a Professional Carpet Fitting position or as a Carpet Fitter’s Mate
Key Contacts (Internal & External)
* Maintenance Teams
* Health & Safety Team
* Hotel Managers, teams and customers
* Support Functions
* 3rd Party partners
Values to be demonstrated
At Travelodge, we believe that behaviours are just as important as the activities you carry out. The ones we look for in every colleague are:
I care about people
* I treat everyone in a way I would like to be treated
* I am easy to work with
* I have a can-do attitude
* I care about the impact my work has on others
I pay attention to detail
* I do the little things that make a difference to our customers
* I work to brand standards
* I treat Travelodge time, equipment and stock as if it were my own
I drive for results
* I hit targets in my role and work at the right pace
* I take ownership of problems and try to fix them fast
* I look for ways to avoid future problems
* I look for ways to promote Travelodge