12 months ago
glh is London’s largest hotel owner operator. We operate 5 brands all delivering Great London Hospitality in and around London; Amba, Guoman, Hard Rock Hotel London, Thistle and Thistle Express. Each brand is unique, but across this diverse collection of hotels we all share the same glh values. We are passionate, progressive and we believe in doing the right thing to create memorable moments for our guests and our teams.
We are currently expanding our Decision Science team and are seeking an experience Business Intelligence Developer to take responsibility for the collection of different types of business (end user) requirements (operational reporting and ad-hoc analysis) and translating these into solution designs, while prioritising development to maximise insight and business value created (ROI) through analytics solutions.
Solutions will include production, testing and delivery of new operational reports and dashboards in Power Bi. In addition the BI developer will be expected to support end user requests or different business functions with ad-hoc analysis and insights.
Maintain and enhance BI reports and dashboards in Power BI, ensuring that they meet the stakeholders expectations and follow the in house design principles. Once built adopt a continuous improvement approach constantly keeping them relevant for each stakeholder.
What we look for
Who are you?
You will have:
● A degree in IT or relevant business topic
● An analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
● Hospitality industry experience would be an advantage
● Background in data and business analysis
● Strong Power BI, some SQL / SSIS / SSAS and Azure
● Proven technical background in Power BI
● Ability to build data models within Power BI and optimise to ensure both performance and flexibility to meet differing end user requirements
● Ability to connect new data sources to Power BI, e.g. through APIs, manual data extracts and connecting to the SQL / Azure data warehouse
● Skilled in DAX and MDX
● Design, build and deploy BI solutions to meet stakeholders requests
● Experience in designing, developing, maintaining and enhancing business intelligence solutions to help make better decisions
● Translate business needs to technical specifications
● Crafting and executing data queries upon request
● Creates and manages BI and analytics solutions
● Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
● Develop and update technical documentation
What's in it for you?
* 20 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
* Discounted rates on hotel rooms, food and drink across the glh group
* Interest free season ticket loans (conditions apply)
* Access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
* Long Service Awards
* Pension and Healthcare Schemes
* Generous recommend a friend scheme
* Access to discounts and cashback through a huge range of retailers and service providers via our online benefits portal
* Wonderful Person of the month scheme with cash prizes
* Childcare vouchers
* Staff refreshments on shift