5 months ago
As Building Custodian you will be part of the new Maintenance structure, where you will be responsible for carrying out operational, administrative and maintenance duties necessary to maintain the Hotels to an exeptional standard.
You will show initiative, be able to prioritise your work load and have an organised and methodical approach to your work. You will have excellent understanding of Health and Safety in the Work Place plus a good understanding of legal compliance and record keeping.
* Experience of working as a Maintenance Manager
* Solid understanding of all Statutory certification for commercial properties
* Demonstrates an understanding of regulations associated with Fire Life safety and the service regimes associated
* Has a qualification in a relevant engineering field or experience within engineering or construction industries
* Able to produce full UK DVLA Driver’s Licence on application with no more than 3 points and with no DD (reckless/dangerous driving), DR (drink or drugs), or CD (careless driving) endorsements.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Maintaining and developing the maintenance reporting procedure to ensure that defects are reported, repaired and recorded as quickly as possible
* Responsible for all on-site contractor activity ensuring they all comply with Health & Safety
* Develop, implement and manage all health and safety initiatives, including raising awareness within the property
* Ensure statutory checks are carried out in accordance with current legislation and company policy, in a timely manner and that findings are recorded in the appropriate place and any necessary action taken
* Ensure that any changes to equipment or other installation is communicated to the necessary people and training provided to avoid injury or breakage
* Use daily plantroom checks to ensure all critical plant is operating correctly
* Document daily utility readings
* Ensure the on-site teams and contractors always operate within the Apex Hotels Maintenance SOP and HSE guidance without exception
* To identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements
Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow, Dundee and Bath, operating with Customer service as the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
* Use of gym & pool facilities
* Free meals when on duty
* 50% discount in our restaurants
* Discounted room rates for staff and friends and family
* Employee of the month/year reward scheme
* Guest experience overnight stay
* Annual anniversary dinner for two
* Contributions to a Pension scheme
* Employee assistance programme
* Critical illness cover
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Spa discount
If you wish to be considered for this superb opportunity click ‘apply’. We look forward to hearing from you!