11 months ago
At the heart of IHG are our beloved hotel brands, each catering to the unique interests of our guests in its own distinct way. We work hard to do business responsibly, dedicated to serving our local communities and doing the right thing. Whatever we’re doing, we remember one thing; we’re about people, not just beds.
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts we believe international travel should always be alluring. We are dedicated to those who appreciate and enjoy The InterContinental Life – the glamour and exhilaration of fascinating places, mixed with our international know-how and local cultural wisdom.
The Principal Edinburgh on George Street has been welcoming hotel guests since 1881. We are five listed Georgian townhouses, built in 1775 as homes for Edinburgh’s most prosperous citizens. Winner of Luxury Brand Hotel of the Year, Edinburgh at the 2019 Scottish Hotel Awards. 2019 sees our property receive a multi-million-pound restoration and refurbishment to transform and rebrand to InterContinental® Edinburgh.
A nod to Edinburgh’s rich literary heritage, The Printing Press Bar & Kitchen was once home to acclaimed novelist Susan Ferrier (an equal of Jane Austen, according to Sir Walter Scott), whilst Burr & Co. is a lovely coffee shop with a devoted local following. The hotel also boasts the magnificent King’s Hall – a firm favourite for weddings and celebration – as well as seven additional meeting and event rooms and a newly equipped gym.
Your day to day
You’ll be responsible for delivering the highest standard of food and beverages to all our customers, in order to ensure guest satisfaction. Serving customers in a friendly and professional manner, you’ll ensure their food and drink arrives smoothly and efficiently. Responsible for ensuring the food and beverage facilities are always well presented, you’ll always be focussed on great customer experience.
What we need from you
We’re looking for someone who is naturally passionate about creating a great hospitality environment that delivers fantastic customer service. Ideally you will:
- Be engaging, outgoing and confident - Have an eye for detail - Find achieving great customer service highly motivating
What we offer
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Great IHG Perks