7 months ago
The Principal York
The Principal York, adjacent to the train station and dating back to 1878, provides the first tangible glimpse of the ambitions for and investment in the new Principal hotel brand. All of the hotel’s 155 bedrooms have been given a beautiful new look and feel by interior architects Goddard Littlefair, whilst the newly refurbished public spaces include The Garden Room, with views across the hotel lawns to York Minster in the background. The hotel also has a new restaurant – The Refectory Kitchen & Terrace, serving fresh, seasonal produce from “God’s Own Country” – as well as a comfortable, cosy bar called the Chapter House.
Bartender - casual
Overview of the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Bartender to join the team within our popular Chapter House Bar which was recently awarded Bar of the Year at the Visit York Tourism Awards 2018. You’ll be responsible for delivering the highest standard of beverages to all our guests to ensure guest satisfaction and to create memorable experiences.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide an attentive, yet unobtrusive service to our guests ensuring the highest standards of quality at all times
• Build rapport and anticipate guest needs whenever possible to enhance the quality of service and ultimately guest satisfaction
• Ensure all bar areas are kept clean and presentable, as well as ensuring the hygienic handling of all food and drink, in line with food and drink safety regulations.
• Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner, take and price orders and serve according to Company standard.
• Ensure the consistent preparation, presentation and quality of drinks.
The Ideal Candidate
As a Bartender it is essential you can demonstrate the following;
• Passionate about exceeding guest expectations
• Knowledge of wine and spirits
• Organised, able to multitask and show initiative with an eye for detail
• Exceptionally guest service orientated with an upbeat and positive personality
* A competitive salary
* 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
Please take a look.