8 months ago
Posting Date Oct 24, 2018
Job Number 18002EHE
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Bar Server to join our One Square Bar Team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
To work with the One Square Bar team to ensure achievement of strategic departmental goals, especially in the area of guest satisfaction. To be prepared to work all shifts within the outlet to create a fully multi-skilled and productive Beverage team.
· Provide excellent guest service by discovering all of our guests needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence.
· Serve a variety of drinks and food in a manner that exceeds guest expectations and ensures standards are consistently maintained.
· Liaise and communicate effectively with all departments to ensure seamless transfer of information takes place.
· To be fully conversant with all bar policies and procedures.
· When fully competent, to work with the Manager and Lead Servers to provide effective on job training and coaching of new staff to help develop an highly skilled and motivated team, committed to both Hotel and departmental goals.
* Beverage Service Experience required
* Previous experience in a client facing role within a luxury five star environment a distinct advantage
* Excellent written and spoken English
* Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
* Impeccable personal presentation
You will join a fun loving and passionate team who excel in delivering world class standards and live and breathe the brands standards.
In return we offer you a competitive salary a share in Tips and Service Charge as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty) and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.