10 days ago
Bar Manager - Hoxton Grill
In the style of a classic Chicago grill, the Hoxton Grill is a buzzing neighbourhood restaurant in the heart of Shoreditch. With comfortable banquette seating, bar, lounge and outdoor space, it is the perfect place to meet and eat in a relaxed atmosphere.
The menu features American classics such as NY Strip, grilled seafood and Cobb salad, all made from the best seasonal ingredients available.
An old-fashioned long bar serves classic cocktails, tonics, wines and bites. With guest DJs on Fridays and Saturdays, Hoxton Grill is one of Shoreditch’s most popular late-night destinations.
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, spread across Europe, the UK and America. Working with us, you will have fun, get inspirational training, develop your career and have the chance to work with us around the globe, all whilst receiving great pay and benefits.
As Bar Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the Beverage operation and ensuring its overall success and supporting the management team as needed.
• Manage staff in all aspects including, recruiting, training, schedules, payroll, staff complaints and disciplinary procedures.
• Assess staff performance, conduct appraisals, and strategize for improving staff performance.
• Organize staff meetings and agendas monthly
• Ensure that communication is open, concise, constructive and timely.
• Receiving deliveries for stock and inventory as needed.
• Placing orders for inventory based on business needs and budgets.
• Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized bar.
• Ensures menus are up-to-date and correct.
• Ensures all legal requirements are adhered to (I.e. Wage and Hour/Breaks, Health and Safety, etc.)
• Report bar stock shortage– (variables) glasses & equipment
• Liaising with Beverage Controller over liquor stocks, costs, spillage
• Overseeing events- Liaise with Functions Coordinators concerning food and drink on the night
• Responsible for Mystery Shopper Reports and staff development.
• Actively participates as a member of the management team in decision making processes, attending required meetings, etc.
• Delegates work and determine beverage methods to staff throughout shift.
• Oversee daily/shift schedules; make any necessary changes per business need and budget.
• Ensure maximum revenue is achieved from all sales opportunities.
• Support House Tonic program and conduct House Tonic related trainings.
• Ensure a safe and productive work environment, provide Safety Training as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned by managers.
• Must have 3-5 years related experience in food & beverage operations with
a proven track record of leading a professional, efficient, high quality,
• A four-year Degree in Hospitality and/or Restaurant Management preferred, but
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented.
• Must have excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
* Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
* Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
* Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
* Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
* Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
* Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days