5 months ago
De Vere Wokefield Estate
Wokefield Estate has recently undergone an extensive and careful refurbishment to become one of the flagship hotels at De Vere. It’s just one of the reasons why we’re excited about the careers we can offer here. So whether you’re interested in joining our teams in golf, conferences and events, banqueting, housekeeping, kitchen, our fabulous 1560 restaurant or even at the onsite BMW Training Academy, you’ll have the opportunity to work and develop in a hotel estate that’s truly inspiring.
There’s great career development on offer for all our colleagues and we offer great perks at Wokefield Estate such as shuttle buses between Reading, free parking for drivers, discounted gym and golf membership (including free access to the golf driving range!) and free meals whilst on duty in our staff canteen. So as well as offering great career opportunities, we always strive to make Wokefield Estate a truly engaging and rewarding place to work.
We’re serious about the future of our business: that’s why we’ve invested over £100m across our De Vere hotels and venues up and down the country.
We’ve developed our food and beverage offerings too, creating vibrant, casual dining restaurants in many of our hotels, such as 1705 Restaurant & Bar at De Vere Beaumont Estate, 1560 Restaurant & Bar at De Vere Wokefield Estate, and 1853 Restaurant & Bar at De Vere Tortworth Court.
A Food & Beverage career with De Vere means variety, industry leading professional development, fun at work and career prestige, because you’ll be working for one of the brightest brands in hospitality.
As a Bar Manager you will be responsible for motivating, developing and managing the beverage service teams while ensuring you deliver a smooth bar operation. You’ll deliver a consistent and seamless service to maximise revenue through up-selling, service levels and cost control while creating an environment for customers which is stylish, contemporary, offering high quality beverage products.
Ultimately, you will ensure the overall department achieves its potential in that of sales and profitability.
The Ideal Person
Naturally you will have dedication and flair for excellent customer service, but will also have flourishing leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills that mean you can interact with all levels of colleagues.
With a flexible approach, the ability to adapt to change, you will have experience of a similar environment, and have a real eye for detail. This really is a role that requires someone with a real passion for excellent customer service and an upbeat, positive attitude.
You will have:
• Previous experience in a 4* or 5* bar, hotel or venue
• A person liquor licence
• Experience of working and leading in a dynamic environment
• A passion to grow and develop your team
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• A real attention to detail and ensure the highest of standards are maintained
• Personality and flair with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively at all levels both internally and with our guests
• You should also be commercially aware, financially astute and able to create business plans to drive sales and profitability.
If you’re a dedicated Food and Beverage professional looking for your next challenge within a hotel or venue that can offer excellent career opportunities, apply now.
* A competitive salary
* 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
* Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
* Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
* Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
* Long service awards which increase with length of service
* Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
* Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
* Free meals on duty
* Free uniform provided
Please take a look.