3 months ago
We want every guest to have a memorable and unique experience at the Resort and the Assistant Wedding & Events co-ordinator role is essential to this.
If you are genuinely interested and describe yourself as having a friendly, enthusiastic and positive nature, an immaculate eye for detail, able to work to tight deadlines, possess a desire to be part of a winning team and get a real buzz out of looking after guests then we are looking for you.
The role deals with wedding and events enquiries, maximises revenue by converting enquiries into bookings, produces professional, tailor-made itineraries and quotations. You will also show prospective clients around the Resort and discuss their individual requirements.
You will co-ordinate a couple’s happy day from start to finish, ensuring the operational departments have all the relevant information to deliver an excellent guest experience. You will also undertake follow up/courtesy calls.
Opportunities to progress the role will also be available.
This is a Full Time role, 45 hour contract, 5 days over 7. It will naturally include weekends as you are required to work the day of a wedding from the start of the morning shift until the start of the evening reception. This role can also restrict holidays in busy periods which include the school summer holidays due to the nature of the work e.g. popular wedding times!
Previous experience working in a Wedding and Events role is desirable, in a 4 star hotel environment.
The role requires someone with experience in the ability to be able to organise large events and weddings whilst dealing with other guest requirements and working alongside all other teams in our Resort.
This is the ideal role for someone with great people skills and knowledge of the local area. You must have excellent communication skills and able to work on your own or as part of a team and be capable of managing a variety of task for yourself and others.
What we look for
* Experience in use of Opera, Book-a-table and other hospitality systems.
* Flexibility and have the facility to work different shifts.
* Attention to the smallest detail
* A commitment to delivering exceptional guest service
* A passion for hospitality
Staff Wellbeing package:
* Good rates of pay
* guaranteed contractual hours throughout the year
* Extra hours worked over and above contracted hours always paid at contracted rate.
* Due to expansion career development opportunities available
* Modern stylish uniform (except footwear)
* Complimentary meals whilst on duty
* Complimentary Health Club Membership and Family Membership (subject to t&c's).
* Discounted room nights across all English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues
* Discounts on food and beverages across all English Lakes Restaurants
* Service Award gift vouchers and awards lunch presentation for each year of service
* The opportunity to be part of the newest world class resort in one of the most beautiful destinations.
About the Company
English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues, situated across the South Lakes and North Lancashire, are a well-established family owned group of 5 individually styled hotels, 2 Leisure Clubs, Watersports Centre and Marina.
This dynamic collection of hotels holds host to leisure and corporate guests alike, with an extensive and popular range of features including award winning dining, plus leisure and event facilities to suit all occasions.
The astounding locations, high quality service, and unique feel of each property, make the English Lakes Group a popular year round destination for guests and team members alike, attracting many people from across the globe.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility and photo ID will be required from candidates at interview as part of our standard recruitment process.
We are happy to receive your CV as an additional supporting document but you need to complete our easy online application form; you can request a hard copy to be sent to you if you prefer.