7 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Regional Office United Kingdom
Type of employment: Full-time
Level: Department Head
Date posted: 24/05/2019
Closing date: 20/11/2019
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Revenue career with us as Assistant Revenue Manager within our UK Revenue team. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills as Assistant Revenue Manager and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
As Assistant Revenue Manager you will work under the guidance and supervision of the Revenue Manager and within the limits of established company policies and procedures, the Assistant Revenue Manager is responsible for maximisation of revenue and implementing the rooms strategy as directed.
* Implement all control systems relating to room reservations – adhere to pre-set availability rate control and hotel selling strategy ensuring revenue maximization at any given time in relation to market trends.
* To ensure Reservations, Groups and M&E sales Agents/Managers are fully aware of pricing policies and any promotions.
* Complete the RMS (Revenue Management Systems) Yield Daily/Monthly checklists perform monthly backups and action all alerts as flagged.
* Confirms overbooking levels with Revenue Manager on a daily basis
* Manage and liaise with Group Reservations Team ensuring that all standards are implemented with the set-up and process management of groups.
* Implementing all Control Changes in CEX as instructed by the Revenue Manager
* Review the business pickup on a Daily/weekly/Monthly basis to suggest appropriate changes to business strategy.
* Assistance in the preparation of weekly rooms forecast
* Assistance in the preparation of the annual Budget
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate for Assistant Revenue Manager will have experience having worked in a high volume four or five star property within a similar role or at a senior role within Reservations. As Assistant Revenue Manager you will also have experience and understanding of both Individual Reservations and Group Block management. You will have experienced a fast paced and rapidly changing environment and have the ability to respond quickly to changing market conditions.
Other attributes needed would be as follows;
* Advanced knowledge of Excel and Opera
* Strong analytical and numerical skills
* Attention to Detail
* Excellent organizational skills
* Strong drive for results
* Being competitive
* Positive outlook
* Confident and creative, adaptable and able to work under pressure
* Knowledge of following systems would be advantageous but not essential; IDeaS RMS/Pricing System, SmartHotel, Channel Gain, OTA Insight
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfil their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You will be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.