about 1 month ago
Assistant Reception Manager
40 hours per week - 5/7 shifts per week including weekends
Holiday Inn Peterborough West, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SG
The Holiday Inn Peterborough West is a modern hotel opposite an 18 hole Golf course. It has 133 bedrooms, Restaurant, Bar, 14 Conference and Meeting Rooms for up to 400 delegates and Health and Fitness Club.
In this role you will be working for Valor Hospitality Europe which is part of a leading US hotel management company with over 17 properties in the UK operating a number of recognised worldwide brands and exciting expansion plans to add more hotels in the UK and Europe.
The Assistant Reception Manager role involves a wide range of duties including: assisting the Reception Manager in the smooth running of all aspects of the reception department, supervision, training, coaching the reception team in all company procedures, standards & brand values, as well as helping to ensuring the highest levels of customer service are consistently delivered to our guests. You will lead shifts and have a key role in maximising room sales on daily basis to ensure financial targets are met.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the Valor team we need individuals who can drive commerciality through caring and pride. Being personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Assistant Reception Manager role include:
• Providing leadership which utilises the full potential of the team.
• Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments.
• Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
• Setting measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved.
• Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail.
• Anticipating potential problems and business opportunities within the planning process.
• Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
• Focusing on producing results through encouraging high achievement.
The successful applicant must have previous experience in Reception within a hospitality environment at supervisory or shift leader level. You must have been involved in supervising a team and be able to work flexible hours on any day or evening of the week.
• Award winning employer
• Competitive Salary
• Worldwide team member benefit programme
• 50% F&B Discount at any UK Valor hotel
• Team member of the month incentive
• Free meals on duty and uniforms provided
• Many Team member celebration events throughout the year
• Incremental holiday allowance based on service
• Apprenticeships available
• Healthcare options
• Pension options
• Complimentary car parking
• Complimentary Leisure club membership
• Local attraction discounts
With 133 rooms, our stylish hotel is conveniently located just 2 miles from the train station.
The hotel hosts a mixture of leisure guests, those on business and those attending a meeting or celebration for up to 300 people, which our team organise with clockwork precision.
Our guests can stay energised with a visit to our Fitness Centre or wind down in the onsite pool and sauna. Our guests also love our 'Zula Beauty Sanctuary' which offers rejuvenating treatments. This contemporary hotel is a great place to work!
Valor Hospitality Europe
Valor Hospitality Europe will establish itself as a respected, successful and dynamic management company, known for having highly engaged people, delivering great levels of hospitality with commercial expertise second to none.
Please visit our website to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.
Apply now for the Assistant Reception Manager position and receive a free Customer Service development profile worth £25.