5 months ago
We are looking for an Assistant Night Manager who is warm and friendly, has a can-do attitude and puts our guests at the heart of everything we do.
* Previous experience of working within a Front Office/Nights environment is essential.
* Experience at a supervisory level.
* Knowledge of the hospitality industry.
* Previous experience with the Opera Front Office system would be a distinct advantage.
As Assistant Night Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Night Manager in delivering an excellent service to all Apex Hotel’s guests whilst ensuring they are safe and secure during their stay. Your other responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring all procedures are followed and all night jobs are complete in the absence of the Night Manager.
* Dealing with any guest enquiries efficiently and effectively.
* Producing any nightly reports.
* Maintaining good awareness of all hotel areas.
* Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
* Assist the manager in controlling the housekeeping budget, in relation to occupancy, departmental expenses and staff rota’s.
To succeed as Assistant Night Manager, customer care, communication skills and staff management are key attributes. You will be able to demonstrate a customer focused attitude and have a good knowledge of health and safety and security procedures. You will also have a good understanding of managing a volume operation and pride yourself on creating an exceptional experience for our customers.
You will be friendly and approachable; you will go the extra mile for our guests; you will provide highly consistent good service and you will lead by example.
Apex Hotels is a family owned Scottish company based in Edinburgh, London, Glasgow, Dundee and Bath, operating with Customer service as the primary focus for all members of the Apex Hotel team. The company has a reputation for providing a 'friendly face' to all guests and aims to provide positive opportunities for interaction with staff at every property.
* Free gym membership
* Healthy meals to enjoy while you're working
* 50% discount in our restaurants
* Guest experience overnight stay and dinner for 2 after 3 months
* Spa discount
* Apex employee app to keep you up-to-date with what’s happening in your hotel and across the company
* Referral bonus when your friends join the team
* Discounted room rates - visit our hotels in Scotland and Bath for just £50 per night
* Help to buy a bike
* Ongoing training and development
* Employee of the Month and Awards Ceremony to celebrate your achievements
* Discounts with external companies only available to Apex team members
* Contributions to a pension scheme
* Access to legal and financial advice
* Critical illness cover