7 months ago
Assistant Night Manager-CHE0001CA
We are Chessington World of Adventures Resort and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Night Operations Manager. In this role you will lead a team that is the face of our two resort hotels, you will be well-rehearsed in developing a team who can provide world class customer service. You and your team will be behind the thriving, busy operation at night during the hours of 21:30-07:30. Acting as an incident control point for the hotels during an emergency; you’ll be required to constantly challenge existing procedures to ensure we are always best in class in the standards of health, safety, security and guest satisfaction. You’ll oversee efficient coverage of our housekeeping teams, the preparation and delivery of room service, serving in our onsite bars and also oversee the completion of light maintenance duties. As well as this, you’ll be expected to audit our hotel systems and report findings to our accounts and profit protection teams. You will be trained to be one of the hotels’ Duty Managers whilst on shift- making key decisions and managing your team to be efficient whilst on a skeleton crew.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
* A naturally inspirational leader with proven experience of this.
* Worked in a similar role where there is a strong customer focus and a fast paced environment.
* Knowledge of Micros Opera is an advantage.
* Flexibility is paramount as you’ll be required to work in accordance to business needs.
* Able to adapt to any situation and learn quickly to master a variety of different disciplines.
* A key communicator with the ability to liaise with other resort departments to ensure you can get the best from your team.
* A calm head and able to make the right decisions when under pressure.
* You’ll know how to coach, mentor and develop your team to consistently be the best in guest satisfaction to ensure the resort remains Britain’s Wildest Adventure.
This role is full time, permanent, averaging 40 hours per week and will include weekends and bank holidays as required.
Alongside a competitive annual salary and 28 days holiday you can look forward to enjoying a great benefits package including a Group Personal Pension Plan, Merlin Magic pass, Employee Assistance Programme, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, 40% discount online off of Lego, and much more!
Want to see us in action?
Front of House
Chessington World of Adventure Resort
Chessington World of Adventure Resort Leatherhead Road
Chessington KT9 2NE
Closing Date (Period for Applying) - External
: 15-Mar-18, 11:59:00 PM