about 1 year ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza Victoria London
Department: Meeting & Events Sales
Type of employment: Full-time
Date posted: 13/10/2017
Closing date: 11/04/2018
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your career with us as a Assistant Meeting and Events Sales Manager at Park Plaza Victoria. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
* To assist the Meetings and Events Sales & Planning Manager in devising sales strategies to drive business over need dates in consultation with the Sales Team and DOS.
* Practice efficient and effective yield management in line with guidelines and in consultation with the Meetings & Events Sales Manager. Promote special offers where appropriate and maximise each and every sales opportunity, in a pro-active manner.
* Maintain strong market awareness through competitor site inspections and networking.
* To ensure that the department have full up to date knowledge of competitors and the market.
* To ensure all monthly daily reports are completed.
* To pro-actively sell the Park Plaza Hotels to both potential and current clients.
* Ensure that any events taking place at the hotel have either sufficient credit facilities or have been fully pre-paid
* Ensure that all client event invoices are sent to client accurate and in a timely manner (within the Park Plaza Standards
* Ensure all events and handed over from the sales team in a professional and informative manner.
We are looking for:
Within the role of Assistant Meeting & Events Sales Manager, you will need to be self-motivated and well organised, have good communication and management skills, and a clear understanding of what the business expects.
* Experience at leading a team
* Must have hospitality experience in a similar role within a 4-5* hotel
* Excellent communication skills - oral and written
* Must be enthusiastic and a self-starter
* Have a passionate attitude towards providing excellent quality service
* Opera and Microsoft Office knowledge is an advantage
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfil their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You will be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.