8 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza Victoria London
Department: Meeting & Events Sales
Type of employment: Full-time
Level: Department Head
Date posted: 11/11/2019
Closing date: 09/05/2020
We can’t stop winning awards! From Talent Development to Excellence in Careers we are showing the hospitality sector just how much of a great place to work we are. And now, to top-it off, we have won the AA “Large Hotel Group of the Year”! Join us now, for an award-winning career. Park Plaza. Be part of it.
Assistant Meetings and Events Planning Executive
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Event Sales and Planning career with us as Assistant Meetings and Events sales and Planning Manager. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
Under the general guidance of the Meetings & Events Sales Manager and Revenue Manager, maximise guest satisfaction and hotel profitability by managing the meeting & events function, ensuring cost control systems are in place, and report all sales statistics to the Meetings & Events Sales Manager and Revenue ManagerUnder the general guidance of the Meetings & Events Sales Manager and Revenue Manager, maximise guest satisfaction and hotel profitability by managing the meeting & events function, ensuring cost control systems are in place, and report all sales statistics to the Meetings & Events Sales Manager and Revenue Manager.
- Assist the M&E Sales Manager in preparing a yearly forecast weekly for discussion at Sales Strategy Meetings and other financial review meetings
- Devise creative sales strategies to drive business over need dates in consultation with the General Manager and Sales Team
- Participate & Manage further internal meetings as appropriate or requested
- Managing team members, assisting M&E Sales Manager in overall leadership
- Other responsibilities may include interviewing and selection, training and development of employees, departmental induction, weekly / monthly departmental meetings, planning, assigning and directing wor
- Deputise for the M&E Sales Manager during his/her absence
- Conduct duty management shifts each month as directed by the General Manager
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is great at creating and maintaining positive and productive working relationships across the business, communicating effectively in a range of situations
- Strong and confident communication and presentation skills with all audience levels, with strong attention to detail
- IT literacy with experience of packages such as Opera Sales and Catering, MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Be motivated to work on their own and be actively involved with the team
- Previous experience in a similar role or at a supervisory level on Event Sales and Planning
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfill their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You’ll also be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Radisson Hotel Group hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.