about 1 month ago
At Crowne Plaza Reading we are looking for exceptional people to provide outstanding service to our guests and who put our people at the heart of everything we do.
The Exciting Opportunity
The position of Assistant Leisure Manager has become available at Crowne Plaza Reading. Reporting into the Leisure Manager, you will be responsible for assisting Leisure Manager in:
* Manage day-to-day staffing requirements of the Leisure Club & Spa, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance.
* Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
* To ensure all Club staff are maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of their department throughout the day, this includes performing hourly walk-rounds of unmanned areas within the Club and documenting this task.
* To organise the Pool Plant training and coaching for the team and assist in maintaining all pool plant machinery to ensure both the spa and pool water quality is at the very highest standard and adhering to all current legislation.
* Responsible for resolving equipment breakdowns through either the Hotels maintenance team or by calling out the agreed external service provider.
The successful applicant for this role will deliver excellent customer service, have a positive ‘can do' attitude, be willing to learn and show that they care.
Where Will You Be Working?
Overlooking the River Thames, this contemporary hotel in a redbrick building is a 13-minute walk from Reading railway station, 2.3 miles from the University of Reading and 3 miles from Caversham Heath Golf Course.
What's In It For You?
People love to work with Redefine BDL Hotels because…
· We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
· Our people are truly engaged at work
· There's open, clear communication from the top
· We've got great career development opportunities
· There's a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
· Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
· Incentive programmes – to keep you motivated
· Money off high street retailers – hundreds of savings to be had
· Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
· Free meals on duty?(this could easily equate to over £1000 per year saving to you *based on full time hours)
· Pension – as it’s important to save for a later date
· Flexible pay with Wagestream – a financial wellbeing benefit that allows you to access your pay as you earn it
· Training programmes – we want you to be the best you can be
· Tips – a bit extra is always handy
· Cycle to Work Scheme – huge savings on buying a new bike
· Refer a Friend Scheme – just by putting a good word in for a mate will earn you extra cash
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for someone who can communicate well with others, can carry out instructions, is able to pay close attention to detail and will commit to providing outstanding service to our guests. Experience is preferable but full training is provided.
The Bigger Picture
RBH is an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriott and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!