5 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza County Hall London
Department: Accounting / Finance
Type of employment: Full-time
Date posted: 31/10/2017
Closing date: 29/04/2018
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Finance career with us as an Assistant Financial Controller at Park Plaza County Hall. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that as we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
As our Assistant Financial Controller you are, under the general guidance of the Financial Controller responsible for overseeing the Finance to agreed standards ensuring total guest satisfaction.
* Preparation and completion of month end Process
* Preparation of Balance sheet reconciliation.
* Preparing accurate and timely monthly statements inclusive of analysing and investigating variances and summarising data.
* Ad-hoc duties directed by FC
* Providing HOD with Finance support at HoD, payroll and other operational meetings as required
* Assisting the GM with ad-hoc provision of information as required
* Completion of self audit and support to external & internal audit
* Conduct monthly audits to ensure all departments are complying with PPHE policy and procedures.
* Support implementations and maintaining of policy enforcement, business advice and operational assistance.
* Ensures filing and safekeeping including proper storage for financial records.
* To always be updated on:
-Hotel facilities and special promotions
-Laws relating to field of responsibility
- Union agreements
* Stays abreast of current and new industry technology relating to function
* Performs required duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner to achieve the overall objective of the position
* Maintains a favourable working relationship with employees and colleagues to promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate
* Projects a favourable image of Park Plaza Hotels to the public
* Complies fully with the set financial reporting deadlines and guidelines, as outlined in HO manual and by the Financial Controller
* Holds monthly credit meetings with the Financial Controller, Credit Manager, GM, Sales Manager, Front Office Manager, and M&E Manager
* Reconcile the bank accounts daily
* To supervise the work of the team and develop their skill set.
* Any other reasonable tasks requested by the Financial Controller, Assistant Financial Controller and General Manager.
What we are looking for:
* Experience in monthly management accounting of UK companies
* Variance analysis and management reporting
* Balance sheet, profit & loss, cash flow management & VAT returns
* Organisation / Planning skills and ability to prioritise appropriately
* Rigorous commitment to accuracy and detail
* Leadership, management (upwards and downwards), coaching and training
* Negotiation and influencing skills
* Analytical approach and creativity in problem resolution
* Commercial acumen and industry knowledge and ability to drive change where necessary
* Technical accounting knowledge and strong IT systems knowledge including financial systems
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfil their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You will be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.