6 months ago
We are currently looking for an Assistant Head Sommelier to join our team of associates in Holborn Dining Room at Rosewood London. Our Assistant Head Sommelier works closely with the Head Sommelier to ensure the wine offering in our busy brasserie enhances the guest experience and consistently increases sales.
Key expectations of this role are
• Delivering all aspects of the guest experience according to Rosewood standards on the brasserie floor.
• Possessing an in-depth knowledge of wines and London's restaurant industry .
• Continuously educating and training the restaurant team to widen their wine list knowledge.
• Frequently reviewing wine revenue, cost and latest wine trends to devise well-informed adjustments to the brasserie’s wine sales and buying strategy.
• The ability to influence others through skill, knowledge and training.
• Being able to maintain confidence and oversight in a high-volume brasserie during busy periods of the wine section.
• Possessing a thorough understanding of the wine industry and trends.
• Having a passion for wine and wanting to take ownership of the guests’ wine experience.
All our associates have the opportunity to live by our culture by being engaging, refined and intuitive in everything they do. Our principles allow a high degree of creativity and empowerment to foster a culture of Relationship Hospitality.
• 28 days paid holidays per annum including Bank Holidays
• Company pension scheme
• 12 complimentary room nights and F&B discount worldwide
• Career development opportunities
• Free meals on duty
• Season ticket loan
Rosewood is housed in an Edwardian Belle Époque building that offers some of London's finest accommodations and service with the feel of a stylish London residence. It forms part of the ultra-luxury collection Rosewood Hotels and Resorts® which comprises of over 20 properties and over 15 future hotel openings.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.