2 months ago
The position of Assistant Director of Sales has become available at The Midland Hotel, Manchester. The successful applicant will be reporting into the Director of Sales and Marketing, and will support the hotel’s sales function and will proactively drive the sales of all the hotel facilities, outlets and room segments in agreement with the Director of Sales, General Manager and the Group / Area Director of Sales.
This role focuses on establishing and managing local and national commercial accounts; driving social banqueting and events and traffic to the restaurants, bars, leisure club and spa; generating residential and day conference and meeting business.
Some responsibilities include:
* Researches market intelligence and in conjunction with the revenue team, evaluates and makes decisions based upon market trends and changes to remain competitive.
* Researches competitors’ sales strategies to identify growth opportunity in TRevPAR to increase market share.
* Suggests innovative marketing ideas and proactively develops them to grow share
* Follows up, develops and converts leads and enquiries; records all data, via hotel PMS and Salesforce.com
* Is able to meet clients, show and sell the hotels facilities over a 7 day period, as required by clients and the needs of the sales department.
* Conducts telesales weekly and makes appointments.
* Assists in the development of Sales & Marketing goals and strategies, with alignment to hotel business plan.
* Ensures sales and marketing goals are met for both self and the rest of the team
Where Will You Be Working?
The Midland Hotel is located in the heart of the bustling city of Manchester. With conference facilities catering for over 1,000 delegates at any one time, this is a fast-paced hotel that caters for a range of guests, coming for business or leisure. Featuring famed Rosette rated restaurants Adam Reid at The French and Mr Cooper’s, the highly commended ‘The Tea Room’, the newly refurbished Bar and Lounge as well as one of Manchester’s trendiest city spas ‘The Spa at The Midland’. This is the perfect hotel for both meetings and a family break. This hotel features 312 spacious bedrooms that are sure to wow any guest. We pride ourselves on investing in our people and delivering outstanding customer service.
What’s In It For You?
People love to work with RBH Hotels because…
* We focus on health, wellbeing and our communities
* Our people are truly engaged at work
* There’s open, clear communication from the top
* We’ve got great career development opportunities
* There’s a culture of transformation and innovation
We will give you a competitive salary and opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career. You will receive a benefits package that includes;
* Discounted hotel room rates for you AND your friends and family that will make you really popular!
* Incentive programmes
* Money off high street retailers
* Flexible working arrangements because we know your life comes first
* Free meals on duty
What Are We Looking For?
We’re looking for an individual who has;
* Knowledge of all market segments and total sales revenues to support hotels
* Experience of working with a global hotel brands and deliver strategies
* Strong customer relationship management skills and ability to negotiate
* Knowledge of revenue management and account profitability, RFP and systems
* Strong organisational skills, effective decision making skills, problem solving skills
* Financial management skills and commercial knowledge delivering budgeted figures
* Ability to support, develop and implement successful sales and marketing strategies
The Bigger Picture
The Midland is managed by RBH Hotels; an independent hotel management company, working in partnership with six of the most prestigious hotel brands including IHG, Hilton, Starwood, Accor, Marriot and Wyndham. At RBH we stand out from our peers, transforming hotels to perform exceptionally.
So if you have the ambition to continuously improve, deliver results with excellence, show that you care and act with integrity then come and join us, this is just the job for you!