8 months ago
Hotel/Office/Restaurant: Park Plaza Victoria London
Type of employment: Full-time
Level: Department Head
Date posted: 27/10/2019
Closing date: 24/04/2020
Winner of the AA “Large Hotel Group of the Year”. Winner of the Institute of Hospitality “Talent Development Team”. Winner of HR in Hospitality “Excellence in Promoting Careers”. Start your winning career now! Park Plaza. Be part of it.
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your career with us as an Assistant Chief Engineering at Park Plaza Victoria London. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills as Assistant Chief Engineering and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that as we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
As an Assistant Chief Engineer, you’ll oversee all Hotel engineering responsibilities assisting the Chief Engineer, with every day being different. The Engineering department’s main aim is to ensure that the hotel is fully functioning and is a safe environment for our guests, team members and contractors. You will use your problem solving skills and previous experiences in a senior role within a complex engineering environment to find solutions, and to develop your team to support in achieving a fully functioning and safe environment at all times the hotel is open.
* Prevents costly machine breakdowns by lubricating equipment as needed
* Record utility meter readings and monitors daily usage
* Works with outside contractors as necessary to assist them in performing maintenance or construction jobs
* Contributes to the hotel's preparedness in case of fire emergency, by participating in the hotel fire brigade
* Manages employees working for the engineering function, including contractors and hotel employees
* Alonside the Chief Engineering may be responsible for screening, interviews and selecting potential staff for the department
* Develops and recommends appropriate training to meet guest and internal needs
What we are looking for:
* Ability to engage and confidence in dealing with senior management
* Ensure all assets, fixtures and fittings of hotel are maintained to safe standards
* Excellent communication skills, bth written and verbal
* Senior Shift Engineer of a similar size or a Chief Engineer of a smaller property
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfill their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You’ll also be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Radisson Hotel Group hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.