8 months ago
The Assistant Bar Manager will assist in the supervision of the day-to-day activities of all Bars. They will ensure that all bars are up to health & safety standards, that weekly & daily cleaning schedules for staff are executed, and will assist in executing our cocktail program. They will work as part of the Bar team on all aspects of service from preparation through to execution. You will ensure that all beverages coming from the bar for any transaction are up to Soho House standards and that all staff are executing to those standards. The Assistant Bar Manager needs to embody all our beverage ethos and values and ensure the Team embodies these as well. We want to see to see your style, passion and flair for professional Bartending. You will also support the management team as needed.
* Upholds Mystery Shopper guidelines and all Service Standards.
* Reports to work as scheduled, in uniform, well groomed, and ready to be in position.
* Maintains professional relationships with all coworkers and guests.
* Maintain a positive attitude to guest requirements – Attentiveness to service, responding positively to guest’s needs, ensuring timely resolution.
* Properly communicating with other departments regarding daily activities/issues.
* Supporting staff with service when and where necessary.
* Maintains a safe, clean, organized, and stocked work area.
* Ensure that the health and safety policy (e.g. allergy procedure) is adhered to at all times.
* Implement, monitor, adhere to, and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards.
* Ensuring the opening and closing checklist have been completed.
* Product rotation of all fruit, purees, milks, juices, syrups, infusions, bitters, and seasonal fruits.
* Assists with daily & weekly cleaning duties for bar staff.
* Making sure that all training methods taught are being used in service.
* Ensuring every bar is stocked with their appropriate needs for every shift.
* Available to attend all trainings & meetings.
* Assist the Controller & Bar Manager with inventory needs.
* Communicating any needs or issues with staff to Senior management (Bar Manager, Operations manager, HR Manager, and GM).
* Communicating any issues on a shift such as product, maintenance, or equipment.
* Assist the Bar Manager in any trainings for the staff.
* Support House Tonic program.
* Ensuring all staff are properly trained on all House drinks including the classics and that are made to specification every time.
* Any other tasks as assigned
Set in 18 acres in the heart of Somerset, Babington House opened in 1998 for those who wanted to enjoy the countryside but weren’t prepared to compromise on urban luxuries. With 32 individually designed bedrooms for all occasions as well as the Main House were you will find the restaurant, traditional stone Orangery, Deli Bar, Library, Snooker Room and Study. Other facilities at Babington House include the Cowshed Relax spa, indoor and outdoor heated pools, a gym, steam room, sauna, and Cinema. The grounds have tennis courts, a cricket pitch, croquet lawn, walled garden which or gardens grow herbs, vegetables which supply our kitchen daily as well as our onsite chapel and idyllic lake.
WHO WE ARE
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs, restaurants and hotels, spread across Europe, the UK and America. With lots of exciting expansion plans to open new houses and restaurants, it’s an amazing time to be joining us. For those who wish to both further their career and have fun, we offer fantastic, rewarding global prospects. If you think this is you then we would love to hear from you!
2 years + experience working as a cocktail bartender.
Right to work in the UK.
Own transport required due to rural location.