about 1 year ago
We are seeking an exceptional Assistant Back of House Manager who strives for service perfection, and the ultimate in luxury guest experience.
Claridge’s is London’s art deco jewel, with a rich history and heritage that all started in the 19th century. For generations we’ve catered to our guests' every whim, both inside and outside the hotel, offering a unique, genuinely bespoke approach to meet the needs of the tired, the excited and the exacting traveller.
As one of London’s most exclusive luxury hotels we have been a refuge for Kings and a Hollywood home from home. Our breath-taking suites, exquisite cuisine and charm make Claridge’s the art deco masterpiece it is today.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As Assistant Back of House Manager you will be responsible for:
• Leading and developing a successful team of approximately 20, including training, supervision and organisation.
• Effective communication between departments and with internal staff, suppliers, agencies and clients.
• Ensuring all cleaning, maintenance and operation of all the kitchen equipment and Back of House machinery is completed.
• Maximising resources including the monitoring and replenishing of stocks including cutlery and crockery.
• Adhering to Health and Safety regulations and maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the department.
Successful candidates for our Assistant Back of House Manager opportunity will:
• Demonstrate genuine dedication to Claridge’s and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service
• Be able to motivate and lead a team, is adaptable and has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• You will have excellent written and spoken English, superior organisational skills and immaculate personal presentation
Excellent salary and benefits
In return we offer fantastic industry leading rewards and benefits, including:
• Excellent salary and benefits
• Exceptional opportunity for personal training and development
• Internal transfer and promotion opportunities
• 50% Food and Beverage discount across the Maybourne Hotel Group
• Hotel guest experience for employees
• Preferential room rates for yourself and your family
• Travel card loan
• Meals on duty
• Pension scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Employee assistance helpline and occupational health service
Terms and conditions apply to all benefits
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.