5 months ago
For over a century The Ritz has been the benchmark by which other hotels are measured and has been home to thousands of discerning guests since 1906.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our Finance department for a proactive and professional Finance Assistant - Accounts Payable to join the successful team.
Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, your main focus will be to post invoices, process commission and other payments. At month end, you will calculate and post accruals and prepayments and explain any P&L variances to budget.
The ideal candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a very strong knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping.
You must be a team player, whilst being able to work on your own, and be able to work quickly and accurately whilst under pressure. You must have great attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our fantastic Finance department and a great step to build your career within a five-star luxury grand hotel.
* Systems knowledge: Ideally Proactis, Adaco, FnB Shop or similar; experience with Opera and PSF would be desirable
* At least 1 years’ experience in carrying out an accounts payable role in a hotel
* Detailed knowledge and experience of P&L as well as accruals and prepayments
* Coding invoices and posting journals
* Creating and processing payments and expenses
* Accuracy and attention to detail, with strong organisational skills
* Ability to work strict deadlines and under pressure
* Excellent customer service skills
* Enthusiastic in delivering service excellence
* Great command of the English language, both verbal and written
What We Offer:
* Competitive salary
* Instant reward and recognition Scheme
* 28 holidays (including bank holidays)
* Opportunity to work for a well renowned Hotel
* Experience in luxury hotel industry
* Development and training prospects
* Employee discount scheme