7 months ago
To handle responsibility for the accounting and human resource functions at the hotel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
* Maintains a filing system of reports and pertinent records.
* May compose replies to correspondence based on organizational practice, policies, and procedures at the direction of the General Manager.
* Manages the daily receivables of the hotel, to include creating billings, tracking within the city ledger, and communicating with guests/vendors/suppliers and anyone else to insure billing payments are received by the hotel on a timely basis.
* Receives and files approved invoices, inputting the data from the invoices into the payables accounting program.
* Conducts reference checks on applicants designated for interviewing/hiring.
* Ensures thorough and complete documentation is maintained on all hotel employees, according to corporate policy and procedure, and is in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
* Produces and distributes the final payroll according to established procedures.
* Retrieves, counts, and prepares the daily bank deposit according to established procedures.
* Schedules and conducts the required new employee orientation, in cooperation with all department managers.
* Prepares any weekly reports required by the General Manager.
* Receives payroll checks and prepares for scheduled distribution.
* Ensures complete compliance with human resource policies and procedures.
* Sets the example for a harassment-free work environment and handles employee complaints and issues with the necessary seriousness and confidentiality, reporting issues to the General Manager and [corporate] human resources immediately for appropriate advice and handling.
* Advises employees of the avenues available to them to resolve issues and problems, i.e., the supervisor; the General Manager; and corporate human resources.
* Reviews any extended employees absences (more than three days) to determine if any action needs to be taken with regard to the Family and Medical Leave Act.
* Maintains all required documents in the electronic employee personnel files.
* Maintains and adheres to a strict policy of confidentiality with all records, conversations, and dealings with the General Manager and corporate office personnel.
* Ensures accuracy and entering of the I-9 form when an employee is hired.
* Receives, opens, and dates all incoming hotel mail.
* Attends staff meetings and records minutes.
* Coordinates staff/employee recognition events and other team building events.
* Acts as primary contact/coordinator for office machinery to include but not necessarily limited to, copiers, fax machine, scanners, stamp machines, etc. Also maintains files of contracts and agreements on same equipment.
* Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies according to budgeted dollars.
* Bill new direct bill accounts.
* Oversee direct billing for Sales Department.
* Reviews and monitors internal control procedures including cashiering and room operations.
* Participates in housekeeping inventories each month.
* Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
* Creates and develops various spreadsheets in Excel in order to capture and manipulate data for varying results.
* Maintains computerized filing systems as well as various printed files with ease of retrieval.
* Input data for various financial reports.
* Assists with transitioning newly-acquired associates when taking over management of a property.
* Assists with transitioning associates when selling or leaving management of a property.
* Conducts research for various projects.
* Input advance purchase payments on a weekly basis.
* Ensures all employees complete and maintain proper brand training and completion is documented in training binder.
* Maintains cash to ensure adequate change is available.
* Assists front desk with guest corrections and complaints.
* Oversees house account postings for group contracts as it relates to the front desk.
* Maintains employee uniform stock, issuing and ordering employee uniforms and Shoes for Crews.
* Pull 'Embassy Suites NOW' on a daily basis and provide to appropriate department heads.
* Handle the mailing to guest lost and found items.
* Assist department managers in interviewing and staffing their respective departments.
* Maintain a weekly spreadsheet for Culinaire invoicing.
* Oversee the emergency procedures/evacuation plan updates.
* Listens to guests, asking exploratory questions regarding reported incident/issue, taking copious
* Makes adjustments to guest charges per company directives to maintain customer service.
* Regular and punctual in attendance.
* Performs all other duties and functions as assigned by the General Manager, including serving as Manager on Duty during normal shift, if needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of five years experience required.
Skills and Abilities: Self-motivated. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail and customer service oriented. Strong time management and multitasking skills.